By using South East Water’s online account service, you agree to accept and abide by the terms and conditions set out below.
Paperless Billing Service
1. You accept by registering for My Account that you will no longer receive paper bills or statements and bill notifications will be sent to the email address you provide.
2. All debt recovery and legal documents will continue to be sent by post to your designated billing address.
3. As a My Account customer you will receive notifications by text and / or email of any changes to your payment plan and any other notifications that are deemed necessary for the management of your account.
4. As a My Account customer you will also be able to sign up to additional notifications to hear about other news or optional services we may offer. These will be displayed in the Notifications page, under Account Settings as they become available so log in regularly to take a look. You will also be able to opt out of these additional notifications at any time by visiting the notifications pages and changing your preferences.
5. Not all our customers are eligible for an online account. Your registration is subject to our approval. You should not assume your request to use My Account has been approved until you receive email confirmation from us.
6. We reserve the right to refuse use of the My Account service to anyone for any reason at our absolute discretion. Further, we reserve the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) the My Account service to you or all recipients at our discretion.
7. We may prevent you from using the service immediately without notice if you breach any of these terms and conditions.
8. You must have a valid email account and provide us with the correct and currently valid address of the email account to which you would like notification of your bill availability to be sent.
9. You are responsible for the continued accuracy and validity of the email address you supply.
10. If that email account ever becomes invalid, or should you wish notification of your bill availability to be sent to a different email account, it is your responsibility to notify us.
11. You will be fully liable for any bills for which notification has been sent to your email address notified to us. We are only required to show that a notification was sent by email to the correct email address as last notified by you to us.
12. You shall remain liable for any bill if the bill notification is sent to the correct email address but is not received in your inbox for any reason, including because your email inbox is full, it has been bounced by your firewall or spam filter or your email address has been closed or is otherwise not operational.
13. We will use reasonable efforts to send email notifications to you when new bills are available for you to view online. You, however, remain responsible for checking your online account regularly to read any notifications and ensure payment of bills is made on time.
14. You agree to use the My Account service responsibly. You will not use it for any fraudulent or other illegal purpose or to interrupt or damage our services or to make them less efficient.
15. You may unsubscribe from having an Online Account by sending an email to email@example.com or phoning the customer contact centre on 0333 000 0001.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability
16. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to the My Account service. We provide no express warranty or representation as to its operation, availability, functionality, that it will be free of error or disruption or otherwise.
17. We will provide notice to you regarding permanent discontinuance of service where the circumstances reasonably allow.
18. While we do not charge for the My Account service itself, you may be required to pay fees by your Internet Services Provider
19. All materials (including, without limitation, all designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement) relating to the paperless billing service are the copyright of South East Water Ltd. No such material may be copied or reproduced in any form whatsoever, whether physical, electronic or otherwise, without our express, prior, written consent.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
20. We expressly reserve the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time by posting new terms and conditions on the My Account website. We will make the latest version of our terms available for you to read at all times. Your use of the My Account service and your access will be taken to be acceptance of the terms existing at the time.